Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dan's Barns #2

I am certainly not one to look a gift horse hubby in the mouth!  So, when Dan returned from Missouri with his generous offer of barn photos, I grabbed them with glee and mania!  My trip to Florida included no photos of barns, so I was getting desperate!  This little barn was apparently some kind of hay barn.  The bottom is where the tractor pulled in from the field. 

In this photo, you can see the racks where the hay was stored, and there are hinged doors on this side.

This is the other end of the same barn - kind of a strange one, and I wonder if there was a specific reason for the design.  Of course, this may be a completely normal kind of barn - what say you?


I am so very thankful that Dan provided me with enough photos for a few weeks!  Thanks, hon!  (P.S. Dan's pacemaker surgery was moved to today - Thank God!  Will try to keep caught up with my visits while I wait with him - as long as I can get internet!  Thanks to all for their well-wishes and prayers.  They are greatly appreciated and have helped make the anxiety of waiting easier.)

Linking to Barn Charm.

22 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Great barn shots, Linda! My thoughts and prayers go out to Dan and you. Take care!

Nancy said...

That Dan is a sweetie for getting these images for you! My thoughts are with you and your hubby... big hugs. xo

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice shots! Prayers for you all- hope he has a speedy recovery.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you husband does such great work too. that is funny. i might need to talk to the hubby about that.

i'm thinking about you all. sending up big prayers. hugs too! (:

Pix said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Dan today! I am going to try to sneak in and light a candle.

Hootin Anni said...

....hooray for the outpatient surgery today. I'm happy to hear this, the long wait is enough to keep anyone sleepless. Hope all goes well. Do keep us posted with updates.

The barns are superior. [around here there are no barns close by]

TexWisGirl said...

oh, big prayers for a successful surgery!

i'm wondering if those are corn cribs - they often have the slatted design for drying.

Brian King said...

An unusual and cool looking old barn! He did a very nice job with the photos!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I'm wondering, same as Tex, if it's a corn crib. Whatever it is, it's a cool old building.
Sending prayers that all goes well.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This is a wonderful and unusual looking barn. Praying all is going well with your hubby's surgery.

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

A very cool looking structure. I hope his surgery goes well, by the way.

The Farmers Daughter said...

I always like the open-ness to these hay barns. Reminds me of log structures. Nice shots.

Red said...

Interesting storage shed for hay.Her it's quite dry so most hay is stored outside. We don't get a lot of snow so sometimes there's quite a bit of grazing in the winter.

ExploreColorado said...

Lopsided barns always look like they're going to fall over. They deffinately have a certain charm though.

Elaine said...

Lovely old barn! Your gift hubby did a wonderful job for you--such a sweetheart! Sending prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

John @ Beans and I on the Loose said...

Thinking of you both this afternoon. Maybe it is all over with by the time I write this and you both are back home relaxing. Hope so.

Rose said...

Hope the surgery goes well...I am thinking corn crib also for this one...

EG CameraGirl said...

Your husband took some very fine barn photos. Hope his surgery is going well!

Mari said...

He did good - nice barns!

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great photos by Dan!

Anonymous said...

Fantabulous! I don't see barns like this very often at all & I'm thrilled that he found one like it... I love the layout & the overhang, very creative design! Great shots, but I love that 1st one... I just wish it was seeing days of hard work, hustle & bustle, again... I keep saying it, but I pray for that very thing... it's sad to see sooo many barns just sitting & rotting

Thank you for sharing! =)

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful barn! Aren't hubbies sweet to support our interests so much! I am sorry to hear your Dan went through heart surgery! So glad he is on the road to recovery.